Sunday, January 13, 2008

Galavanting and bracelets!


Didn't have to work on Friday, so I went "galavanting". Ran alot of errands, went out to lunch, just general goofing off. Yesterday I went to a huge thrift store that's about 100 miles from the house, in a REAL town. Found lots of interesting stuff, and some jeans and shirts. I have such a hard time spending $40 for a shirt, or a pair of jeans, when I can have 2 or 3 for the same price at the thrift store. And it's so much more fun to shop there, because it's like a treasure hunt, you just don't know what you will find. I found some vintage redwork embroidered squares 15 x 15, the are pressed and flawless. Also I got a Coach purse, wallet, and makeup bag for $7. What a deal! Of course there was a Hobby Lobby stop, Barnes and Noble, and Paradiso. (Mexican, yum!)

Today I made an bridal shower bracelet for my DD. She is getting married in March, and her bridal shower is next Saturday. I'm flying there Friday to spend the weekend with her. I thought this bracelet would be unusual and something special because "Mom" made it. Whatcha think? Her color is Orchid Pink, so this will match beautifully and the engagement ring, and I do charm, on the sides of the heart will be perfect. I hope she likes it.

I'm winding down now, making dinner, having some amaretto and diet coke, and now I'll relax and watch Amazing Race tonite. I never want to get caught up in those shows, but always do.

Hope you all have/had a great evening!

No comments: