Sunday, August 3, 2008

Is it over already?


Is my weekend over already? I had so much fun this weekend, working on jewelry projects, I just don't know where the time went. Why do Mondays come around so fast?

I thought I would try my hand at this. This is the fifth project in Mary Hettmansperger's book "Wrap, Stitch, Fold and Rivet". Mary calls it her "Wrapped Beads" necklace. She used sheet metal and encased her beads inside the pod form by drawing a bead on the bottom of her wire, inserting the beads into the pod and wrapping the wire at the top. I used some copper mesh that I had in my stash of useful (less) metal pieces, and some of my massive bead stash, wrapped some wire, and this is what I came up with. Cute, no?

1 comment:

Secret Pal said...

Cool stuff! I bet Home Depot is a craft store for you too. Be on the lookout: There's a package on it's way to you....

Have a good week!