1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love alpaca, and sari silk. Any fiber is fine, as long as it's soft.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store them in jars on my desk, so they are in easy reach whenever I need them.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting since I was a child, a neighbor taught me the basics, the rest I taught myself. I consider myself an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon
5. What's your favorite scent? Patchouli, musk, cinnamon, spice, pumpkin, ginger tea
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? red licorice
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I spin, make wire and bead jewelry, crochet, felting, rubberstamp, draw, collage, and make altered art.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all varieties of music and yes to the MP3's.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love all shades of pink, except very pale. Bright purples, limes, pinks, are all great. Brown is not a favorite, unless it is paired with a light blue.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my bf and 13 cats and have a grown daughter who lives in California.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear mittens, wrist warmers, and socks.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? instant gratification items, socks, dishcloths, wrist warmers, scrumbles, etc.
13. What are you knitting right now? I have socks and a knitted elephant on the needles right now. Oh, and scrumbles too.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Love it.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use them all. I prefer 4 straight needles for socks.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? neither, but would love both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? a year, a shawl that I just keep adding on to when the mood strikes.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
19. Is there anything that you collect? vintage jewelry, beads, cats, dotee dolls
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Fiber trends clogs pattern (I know everyone has made them but me) and their knitted llama pattern. I just buy my magazines at the store.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm always open to learn a new technique or hobby. I would like to learn to make those microscope slide necklaces and the pieces of broken china plates made into pendants.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes, I make socks and I wear a size 5 womens' shoe.
23. When is your birthday? september
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? shayla